Gmail has been the most efficient email service among others. Whether it is the smoothness of service or the limit of the storage, the Gmail has been the flag bearer of the electronic communication services. Highly efficient interface is just like icing on the cake. The robust technological infrastructure can handle billions of requests in fraction of time. Still, the people encounter the issues such as Gmail not working.
The Gmail notifications are the great feature to provide the accessibility to the users. Gmail users can easily get the notifications on their device screen, whether it is the smartphone or the personal computer.
Why are my Gmail notifications not working?
Gmail intimates you by pops up every time, a mail delivers to your account’ inbox. However, sometimes, you can miss those pops up even after turning them on.
Just have a look at these steps if you have issue.
- If it is the case of browser, you may have issue with the chrome browser, not particularly Gmail.
- Just confirm that your Gmail notifications are enabled or not. Tap the settings and check on the desktop notifications. Select new mail notifications and save changes.
- Make sure that Gmail notifications are active by accessing the Gmail’s website and clicking over the lock option. Pick site settings and set notifications to allow and save changes.
These are few steps to keep your Gmail notification intact in the Google Chrome or in your preferred device.
What is Gmail error 400?
If you have ever received the error as a user, so you know for sure how annoying it can be. Gmail error code 400 can not only leave you clueless, it can also stop you from searching at any other ways to fix it.
Unfortunately, unlike many other issues, Gmail’s error code 400 has not been patched permanently. And Gmail’s error code 400 in Chrome is the most harrowing.
Trouble shoot the “error 400” for Gmail in Google Chrome
However, even experts are not able to conclude why this mistake has happened. Even, they say it's mostly due to multiple accounts being reached in Chrome by Gmail users or multiple accounts being opened concurrently. Any users want to prevent this issue by jumping to a new browser. But again, it's something that will function on a temporary basis.
Here, we have summarized some of the tricks to fix the issue such as Gmail not working.
- Use your mouse to right click on the screen in browser window.
- Click on the inspect element.
- Search the tab resource in the developer window.
- Explore the section cookies Expand the section just by clicking on the arrow found right next to it.
- Now you need to select the cookie that reads “mail.google.com.”
- Select the cookie that reads “mail.google.com.”
- Find the phrase which reads the GMAIL_IMP. Right, click on the same
- Select the delete and close the developer tool window.
- Finally, refresh the page that gave you the error to check if your problem is solved or not.
- Just refresh the same page which gave you the error if problem is resolved.
There is an alternative method to get rid of the problem. But before implementing the method just keep in mind to log out of your accounts.
- Access the setting of the Chrome.
- Just click on the “Show advanced settings”.
- Pick the Content settings button” from the privacy section.
- You have to select the site data and cookies from the Cookies section
- Search for “mail.google.com into the search box.
- Finish the option by clicking on “done”.
- Go to your page to refresh the page on which there was the error code and check issues are resolved or not.
If you still cannot solve the issues, contact with the Gmail team for the technical support.
Google notification is quite a valuable feature to have in your kitty. It helps you to keep update with your mails while you are busy with your schedule. However, a sudden issue with your app may distract you from having your next call with your client or following an important task. Thus, it is necessary to keep your services abreast with the tricks, mentioned above.